söndag 6 november 2016

Sandi Toksvig

I have never been a huge fan of Sandi Toksvig. To be true I do not know much about her as I only have seen her in QI and other British panel shows. Every time she has visited QI, you can notice that she is smart, but I always have felt that she maybe has tried to hard and missed the balance between smart and clever (and sun). Stephen Fry seems to know Sandi is smart though and I have always felt that he has been trying to overshine Sandi. That is not how Fry have been to other guests, where he more have been in awe of those persons brains. My guess is that Stephen and Sandi know each other personally and therefore Stephen Fry has little to be amazed by.

No matter how I have felt about Sandi it now has changed. She is the new host of QI and she is brilliant. I have always loved Stephen Fry and if I ever get to pick my favourite guests at a dinner table, Stephen would be pick one. He is smart, entertaining and just a guy you would love to be around. In the beginning of QI it was the best show on TV. Stephen was smart and quick and witty and looked like he really enjoyed himself. I know that some was an act and that Stephen has his problems, but that made him even more loveable. But the last 2 seasons of QI have been quite poor. Many sexual innuendos in the topics they have brought up, Stephen has looked tired and sometimes it felt like he didn't fully listen to his guests. The show was in decline and even though I initially was sad to hear that he was leaving, it felt like the correct decision. When it was announced that Sandi Toksvig was to replace him my first thought was "why her?". I was afraid the show was to become much drier, just like Sandi had seemed on the show when being a guests.
But after 3 episodes I am so happy that I was wrong. Sandi is the perfect host of a show like this. She handles and balances between brilliancy and simplicity in a way that even the great Stephen Fry never managed. Sandi has proven to be funny, mad, cool and absolutely brilliantly smart. I love her in her roll as QI host even though she is Danish.

QI is now in a way a new show and I hope Sandi more and more makes it her own. Then QI could be the best show on TV again.

Mange Takk, Sandi

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar